I actually did it!
I finished the crib bedding and I'm so proud of it! It has been the biggest sewing endeavor I've had to date. I can totally tell it is far from perfect but I still love it. I think it is better than what I could afford to buy pre-made. YAY!
I actually like to say I basically came up with the "How To" on my own. I bought bumper inserts from THIS company online. They say they have "how to instructions." But that is not the case. They have measurements and basic bullet points on the order to construct it. But I really had to figure it all out on my own. The one great thing about using these bumper inserts, it came with a 157 inch zipper. I don't think I would have been able to find such a long zipper anywhere else.
Here is the low down:
Here are the bedding sets that I used as inspiration from Posh Tots. If you haven't been to their website before....maybe you shouldn't it is obscene yet amazing. I'm just warning you. If you do go, like a moth to a flame or a rubber necker at a wreck.....you'll see why I could NEVER buy the bedding.


I have so many more fun things to do in this room, and I have a few months...since she won't be fully installed in there for a while. Stay tuned!
Any questions....let me know!
p.s. Full disclosure. I am not totally done. I have to sew the ties on the bumper. They are made, I just need to spend 20 minutes sewing. BOO!
9 comments:
I cannot believe you did all that! AMAZING! I can't wait until I have time to pull my sewing machine out and let the creative juices flow! You are awesome!!!
Wow, it looks great! I'm a little intimidated to take on a project that big. But it turned out so cute! I love minky. Way to finish in time, too!
Thanks! I'm happy with it. Although I will mention....Minky, as cute as it is.....is SO HARD to work with...cause of the stretch. Thankfully this rossett minky is so plush it hides everything!
I LOVE Toile....love it! And you did a beautiful job, Sara! You know, you could sell that stuff on Etsy and people would Eat It Up!
I check your blog every day and FB to see if the baby is here...just holding my breath! I hope all goes well during L&D!!!
Remember to stay hydrated thru labor, stay upright (to use gravity!), and take long slow deep breaths for baby during the pushing stage! Don't do purple pushing if you can help it! And don't hold all that pressure in your face! It'll give u a headache and can even pop capillaries in your eyes!! Gross! Don't do that! ;-)
You are so awesome!! Amazing what you can do-it looks perfect to me:)
Wow!! That is so awesome. I am so glad that you made your own and that it turned out so well! Who needs Posh Tots when you have a one of a kind, custom made bedding set?! Love it!!
I love it! Great job! So I checked out the site and I don't see why you wouldn't buy their bedding. $500 for a set doesn't seem bad at all:) I figured the prices were high from what you said but I was shocked at how high. I can't believe people actually spend that!
HERO! It's beautiful!!! I'm just starting, so seeing your finished project is inspiring...
It is beautiful Sara! You really did a great job. I cannot believe I am just seeing this.
As a side note I just got called to the YW presidency and it is rocking my world and between that and my math class and an infant I feel like my head is spinning. You failed to mention how stinking busy I was going to be when I was meeting with the missionaries! :)
Post a Comment