Thursday, January 28, 2010

40 Weeks





Here it is, 10pm, John's in bed already (old man, I know!) and I realized I haven't documented 40 weeks. So....here I am in all my glory, self portraits. I don't think these pictures do justice to my size....but what woman wants justice done to her size at 40 weeks.


Here is the SCOOP:
Today I was only 1.5cm (yes less than last week...no fair!), but the baby's head is engaged. No wonder I've been going to the bathroom non stop!
My kidney's are starting to spill protein and my blood pressure is slowly climbing. My doctor was not concerned, the baby still seems to be doing great. He said that on Monday or Tuesday he would do a non stress test if I was still pregnant and we could go from there. But after some discussion, John and I decided to be induced on Sunday, Jan 31st. This way I won't have the chance of being rushed into an induction next week if my blood pressure shoots up. This way we can have a calmer labor and delivery.

As you can see from the pictures above....this girl is all out in front. She has rarely stretched her legs out and touched my ribs cause she is so far forward. But it does make some day to day things more difficult than normal. So, we'll get to meet this girl on Sunday, unless I go into labor between then and now.



p.s. This will be a happy birthday present for our niece Marlee. Sunday is her 15th birthday, and she has been wanting to share her birthday with her cousin for 9 months now!

1 comment:

Tiff said...

I just wanted to wish you luck on Sunday for a quick and easy labor and delivery. I have been following your blog for awhile, enjoying all your sewing projects.

I'm due with my 7th baby on feb 8th(scheduled csection) but I'm ready to go any time now :P