1. Walgreen's had a super sale (with coupon OF COURSE) on Huggies Supreme diapers. So John and I bought 42 packages in 42 separate transactions over the course of 2 days at 2 different stores. Now....where to store them all. I think if you look under the beds at our house, you will find diapers.
2. Put the bassinet together. Here is the lowdown....I love my bassinet. It is an Arm's Reach Co-sleeper. It sits along side the bed so your baby is close but not in bed with you. I love it. But it has it's draw backs.
Cons:
- It is expensive. We bought it and didn't buy other things like a stroller or crib for a while.
- It just about kills you to put it together. Here are pictures of me putting it together for the first time a week before Jacob was born and a week after he was due. Yikes! My mom was there just to make sure I didn't hurt myself or go into labor because she doesn't put things together :)
- Because it is hard to put together, it is NOT portable. It is too heavy.
Pros:- It is sturdy
- It can be used as a free standing bassinet in another room if you want.
- It can be used as play yard...as long as you just leave it in one place. See above. I used it as a nap place for visiting children and time out place for Jacob. It has hardly moved in 2 years in the play yard position
This is pretty much the one I have. I have it sideways against the wall by the bed right now, because 8 month pregnant women cannot get in bed with it in the way.
Next weekend's to do list:
- Finish putting away all Jacob's baby clothes
- Hang up/put away all Baby sister's clothes. They are organized already.
- Put away a huge pile of Junk I have upstairs. It has been waiting for a day when John and I can do it together.
- Possibly put Jacob's car bed together and start "helping" him sleep in a big boy bed. Oh that is going to STINK!
So, now you know more of the obsessions of a pregnant lady. Probably the most boring info you've ever read...unless you are looking to buy a bassinet, want to see pictures of a huge pregnant lady, or you are my mother and interested in EVERYTHING I do! But you can always count on a mother for that!


2 comments:
good for you Sarah! I love organizing and cleaning...I know strange...but it gives such a feeling of accomplishment and preparedness. Can't wait to meet that girl.
HAha! I love the picture of you with a very pregnant belly reading instructions and putting everything together. It reminds me of when I did the same thing!
Post a Comment