Monday, October 19, 2009

Feeling the Pressure


Do you remember the first time one of your parents didn't know the answer to a question you asked? I do. I don't remember the question, but I remember the SHOCKED feeling I had when my dad (who up until that moment I thought had WRITTEN the dictionary and encyclopedia single handedly) told me he didn't know.

Well today is the day I felt the pressure. Jacob has been asking non stop all day, and I'm planning on it going on for a while, "Where this go, mama?" Translation = What is this, mama? Or sometimes he just points to something and asks, "this?" I feel the pressure....he's learning about his world from me. I can slant this any way I want. I can be lazy and make up stuff like Calvin's dad in Calvin and Hobbes. Or I can try to keep up with his 2 year old mind and answer as honestly as I can. I'm sure a lot of things he won't understand, but he just looks at me so trusting as tell him what the turret on top of his toy castle is.

This may get old fast, but I hope I'm up to it. I hope he isn't too disappointed on Thursday, when he realizes I'm not the smartest person in the world ;)

1 comment:

Colette and The Chickenwings said...

Good for you for not being lazy and making stuff up! Maybe by the time he's four and has been asking you questions every hour of every day you'll break down. I think I broke down about day 3, but you'll last a couple years since you have a good attitude.