
Jane Eyre, by Charlotte Bronte, is on my list of books I LOVE. I read this as a little girl, maybe aged 10 or 12, and I have re-read it many many times. I absolutely recommend reading it, then watch the movie. Of course the book is BEST by far. Especially if you are not accustomed to watching period British movies, reading the book will help you understand the movie better.
Check it out on Amazon.com or at your local library.
Anyone else a big fan?
Here is a fun and interesting review.
For the record, although I'm a huge fan of Jane Eyre, I am NOT a fan of Wuthering Heights, a book written by a Emily Bronte a sister to C. Bronte. You'd think being sisters they would write similar stuff...WRONG. But then why would you, or I, think that? My sister and I write completely differently. She writes beautiful, imaginative, and thoughtful. I may write thoughtful, but it is fluff compared to her. So...There you go. Now go read it.
5 comments:
I LOVED Jane Eyre too! I didn't think I would but I couldn't put it down. I haven't tried W.H. but it's on my bookshelf. Have you tried Gone With the Wind? It's my favorite and so much better than the movie.
I read Gone with The Wind as a teenager. I really enjoyed it, but I'm ashamed to say that I enjoyed Scarlett.....the sequal written by another author. Maybe I just liked the writing style a bit better.....but regardless I really enjoyed the book. I love the movie too.
Jane Eyre is one of my favorite books too! Have you read The Eyre Affair? It's a fun book that actually goes inside the storyline of Jane Eyre - I bet you'd like it.
I just discovered Jane Eyre last year but now I have to hide my obsession because it infuriates Travis that I waste so much time reading and re-reading and watching Jane Eyre...but I LOVE IT! I can't get enough of it. Wuthering Heights gets a big raspberry from me too. Hate it.
I just watched Jane Eyre, the latest masterpiece theatre version. The next day I begged John to watch it with me...he said no way! Darn.
But, He actually does know the plot and all the characters of Pride and Predjudice. I have watched it so many times, and had it on in the background...he'll just sit and watch 10 minutes at a time....after 10 years, he's got it down.
Post a Comment