As you can see by these pictures, Jacob loves glasses. I bought him his own pair of sunglasses, that he can only wear when we go outside (or he'd run around the house all day with them and eventually poke his eye out!). The first two sunglasses pics are what I found after we returned home from some errands. Oh, and don't worry, I do buckle him up all the way in the car. I just remembered my camera was in the car AFTER I started to unbuckle him ;)
A great woman from church not only taught me how to can Salsa recently, but she also gave me TONS of tomatoes and bell peppers last week. Sunday I spent the evening canning tomatoes. All I have to show here are salsa and halved tomatoes. I also made tomato paste. Word to the wise, buying them is always better. I spent hours and hours trying to get the right consistency, which never happened, then 50 minutes processing (I am getting a pressure canner ASAP), only to find that there was WAY TOO MUCH AIR in them and had to throw it all out. Live and learn. Today: Fresh Salsa. Yum! Can't wait.
I've found this great website called the National Center for Home Food Preservation and an interesting article from the University of Minnesota on Food Safety: Outdated canning methods for apples, potatoes, and pumpkins. They are worth the read for anyone interested.
I'm looking for a hard copy book on canning. I'm mostly interested in the safety. I can read online all I want, but some of the sources are suspicious and I want to be safe! Any Ideas?
p.s. I'm pretty annoyed at blogger for taking away my ability to change fonts. Hmmph!
5 comments:
Jacob is too cute! What fun!
Sorry to hear your hard work ended in just a lesson learned. bah!
lastly, do you know what you're having--b or g? When are you due?
Hope you're feeling great!
I like the Ball Blue Book of Preserving. I also use the first website you mentioned a lot.
Love the Jacob pictures. I'm always amazed at how dirty a boy can get. You should have seen Wyatt after the first time we took him camping.
Congrats on the baby news! Girls are so much fun, not that boys aren't-as you clearly posted.
Jacob is adorable, what a funny little guy. It makes me miss my toddler Ethan...
As for canning, you are worlds ahead of me sister! I couldn't can to save my life, and it very well could someday. I need to get my act together and start canning something.
So are you having a girl?? How fun that would be! I canned apricot jam for the very first time but jam was so simple...I am excited to learn to can more next season:) Jacob is so stinkin cute as usual-so much personality! Miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm hoping to start canning this year. I love canned peaches and pears.
ps- If you are going to Time out for Women, look for me. My mom and I are going.
Post a Comment