Saturday, August 8, 2009

Blogging on Blogging


I just went to see this movie today. It was lovely, although I won't buy it or go back to see it again, I really enjoyed it. It got me thinking about a lot of things (besides how phenomenal all the food looked).

1. Marriage. It was so REFRESHING to see a movie about happily married couples. I define happily married couples not as couples without problems, but couples with problems who work them out and move on, loving each other more after it's all said and done.

2.Omelettes. Julia Child taught me how to make a perfect omelette. I'm not kidding, I happened to watch a clip of her old cooking show were she demonstrated it, and it revolutionized my cooking life. I have an omelette at least 3 times a week. Don't worry, mostly egg whites ;) If you want to see the video, check it out here. She's dead on about using the right pan. If you have the wrong pan, it is so much harder to get a good omelettes.

3. Blogging. I've been giving a lot of thought to my blog. I know you can't tell since I haven't posted in ages. I'm at a crossroads for my blog. I started it 2 years ago as a way to communicate with family and friends far away, because I was about to become a mother and I knew it would be the best way to share pictures and experiences the most concisely. I've received many hours of enjoyment from blogging.

John and I now have all of our family in a 30 mile stretch, except his two sisters....who we wish would come closer too ;) I don't feel the need or desire to use my blog as a personal scrapbook or family info sharing site. But I really enjoy blogging.....what do I do? I've been thinking about this a lot. How should I change my focus? I know I don't want it to be a family blog any more, I don't want it to be a venting blog, and don't worry I won't turn it into a cooking blog. But I also want freedom to divert from my stated course when my interest change as well.

So any ideas, let me have it. I'll see what my gut tells me as time goes on. I will leave my "Email Me" button up on the blog. I love emails although not always diligent in writing them. I'm trying to be better.

I love reading my friend's and family's blogs, I love being updated on their lives, especially when we are so far away and life keeps us all so busy. I'm not trying to alienate myself or withdraw information from my dear friends. It's just time for a new direction for my blog....which way is unclear at the moment.

p.s. Meryl Streep is a fantastic actress. She rarely plays "herself." She is a top notch character actress. Not in as victim in a cheesy B movie way, but in the Academy Award winning way. I love watching her...or should I say her characters.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm of the thought that you should blog about whatever your heart desires. Blog about things that inspire you or catch your eye...or things that you come across that you love and want to share with others.

There's many directions you can take it in...and I'll still be here reading!

Good Luck Prima!!

..Carolina

Larissa said...

I vote you keep blogging! I like to read it. And I don't think you really need to have a certain focus (at least I don't - sometimes about my kids, sometimes a project or a recipe, whatever I feel like sharing at the moment or think might be interesting, I guess).
But your blog is fun to read, and I like some of the things you've shared about provident living, other quotes, etc., too!
Also, John just saw your post about the Seattle trip, and we both agree that you guys need to come back out here so you can come see us!
Sorry we missed you guys when we were there for the 4th. John tried to get ahold of John, but it didn't work out!

Colette and The Chickenwings said...

Sarah, I've missed reading your blogging thoughts because you have a great and interesting perspective on everything..so just blog about everything...don't stay focused. Focused blogs aren't nearly as much fun ;o)

Juli said...

I agree with the others...blog about whatever you feel like. I love reading all your post....even though I don't know what you are talking about when it's about TV shows. We don't have cable:)

Ashley said...

Sara,

I agree with the other comments. If you feel that your blog has to have a "theme" then it limits you.
Be open. Do it as often as you want. There are no rules. People will read you because you are intelligent and have a quick wit.

But regardless of what they think, it's what you think that matters. And no matter what it is, it is valid because it comes from you.

I am happy to be able to stay connected to you through the blogging world.

Much love!
xoxo
Ashley