I made this Salmon Salad from the Barefoot Contessa cookbook tonight. It was Great and so EASY!!! Give it a try. I actually substituted Basil for the Dill because I had fresh basil and I prefer the flavor....and I put a lot of basil too. I also deleted the capers....I don't care for those. I put an orange bell pepper in, otherwise it would have gone bad in the fridge. John liked it because it is a great salad without Mayo.
Tip: When buying salmon...please don't buy farmed salmon, it just doesn't taste good. Also, the color is gross, they inject dye into it to give a good color, but it never works. Also, when you cook the salmon, do as the directions indicate and take it off the grill (or out of the oven) while it is still a bit undercooked. Fish cooks so quickly, that it continues to cook after you remove it and in the fridge. When you remove the chilled Salmon, it will be perfectly cooked. Take my word! Over cooked Salmon has a poor flavor, then people say they don't like fish....but in reality no one likes over cooked fish!
Ingredients:
2 pounds cooked salmon
1 cup small-diced celery (3 stalks)
1/2 cup small-diced red onion (1 small onion)
2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
2 tablespoons capers, drained
2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
2 tablespoons good olive oil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Directions
To Cook the Salmon: Cut fillets into small 2 inch wide strips. Lay on foil, skin side down. Rub with Olive Oil, Salt, and Pepper. Grill for 5-7 minutes. Remove from grill while meat is still undercooked. Place in refrigerator until completely chilled. Once chilled, remove skins.
Salad prep:
Break the salmon into very large flakes, removing any skin and bones, and place the salmon in a bowl. Add the celery, red onion, dill, capers, raspberry vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Season, to taste. Mix well and serve cold or at room temperature.
Food Network.com

No comments:
Post a Comment