At times, I still can't believe I'm some one's mother. My mother is amazing, she can do anything, she knows almost everything, and her advice is crucial to me. And now I'm THAT to someone else!? When the kid in the room cries and will only be comforted by ME....I still think, "wow! I'm some one's mom!" But as fantastic and out of this world as it seems at times, motherhood is a perfect fit. There is nothing I'd rather be doing. It feels RIGHT, GOOD, HAPPY. Jacob seems to think I'm a pretty great mom (he is a toddler still....give him 13 years right!?!), but I know I'd be a second rate stand-in mom with out a SUPER DAD! John is a loving, fun, hard working, self sacrificing dad. He had to discipline Jacob for the first time this week.....wow after years of thinking I was going to have to be the "heavy" in our family, I realized we are a team in all sense of the words. So, To Jacob: I love being your mother. To John: Thanks honey for supporting me, I'd be terrible/broken/awful without you!
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sarita:
You are a great wife and mother and I delight in your goodness,beauty and kindness. In our mother-daughter relationship you have been the guiding star teaching me and loving me. You are a ray of sunshine in my life, you cheer me up when I am sad, you become part of the solution to my problems and since you were born I count you as one of my greatest blessings. I love and admire John for choosing such a wife as you.
Your mother who admires and adores you,
Esperanza
Post a Comment