Sunday, April 5, 2009

April 2009 General Conference

General Conference ended today. It was wonderful. Life gets so busy, insignificant things fill my mind everyday. Conference jolts me back into reality. Reality:

  • Heavenly Father loves ME
  • I have something, a lot actually, to share with my friends and neighbors = Love.
  • I need to serve more, both in action and word.
  • As I take time to listen to the Spirit in my daily life, and ignore the urgent "rush" from the world around me, I can be happy and encourage those around me to be happy too.

The doctrine taught by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has brought nothing, NOTHING, but happiness in my life. I am so thankful to be able to count myself as a member of that church, but I am more grateful to call myself a Christian, a follower of Jesus Christ. I hope, after what I have learned and been reminded of during this conference, I can be kinder to everyone I come in contact with. I hope I can eliminate "garbage" from my life...all the extraneous stresses that remove my focus from my family and from my faith. I hope I can attend the temple more often. I hope I can share my love of the Savior with everyone I know.

I invite everyone who reads my blog to read, watch, or listen to the transcripts of General Conference when they are available.

I am thankful for a living Prophet and for his careful and relevant guidance in a world of treacherous pathways.

2 comments:

Esperanza said...

Dear Sarita:
I want to say amen and amen to your beautiful comments. I am so grateful to have a daughter like you that is able to recognize the amazing and true teachings that we just received from true prophets who are faithful followers of Christ. Like you I was inspired to become a better person, more loving patient and compassionate in all I do and say.

Love,

Mama

Chip and Lisa said...

I feel like Im in my old Boston ward where Brother Birham would yell AMEN if he agreed with what someone was saying from the pulpit. I LOVE conference and I feel like it makes me centered in life again. I LOVE all the points you mentioned but the Sara I know does a great job on the love and friendship part. Don't you just wish we had conference all the time??