I LOVE to watch TV
I love to read, sew, etc.....all the cool things to say, but I'm not ashamed (well not too much) to say I really enjoy watching TV. I don't watch everything, I don't watch all day long, and I don't like to have the TV on too much during the day. But I have shows I follow. Of the list of recent technology that has changed my life, TiVO is toward the tip-top of my list. LOVE DVRs. So, I have to admit something........
I love the Bachelor this year. I'm sorry to disappoint everyone who thought I was an amazing pinnacle of inspiration. But I really love the show on ABC The Bachelor. John and I started watching it way back in the day, 2001 or something. We watched a few seasons, but finally lost interest, because everyone got dumb. Well, maybe they were dumb to start with, but we got smarter. But this year my friend Molly told me about Jason the bachelor, and I was hooked. What a great piece of reality TV. So, now the season with Trista as the Bachelorette (best of all time!!) and this season with Jason are my top Bachelor seasons. YAY! I was sad when Stephanie left last night. She was my favorite person, but she wasn't right for Jason. I PREDICT.....Gillian and Molly. They are my fave. Naomi: Next to go. Sorry sister, you're not ready and Jason needs someone who's family will be a great role model to his future wife.

Okay Okay.....I do love to read too. I mentioned before that I'm reading The Count of Monte Cristo, and that I'm reading the abridged version. Well, I'm almost done with it, and I'm loving it. So much so that I'm going to re-read the unabridged version, because I can tell too many good things were removed. I had forgotten what a great writer Alexander Dumas was. I watched the movie with Jim Caviezel yesterday (thanks for telling me it was on TV Ooh Ooh), and it was a great movie. I really enjoyed it. But.......the book was better. So, for any of you Count of Monte Cristo movie lovers out there.....READ the book. Oh, and as far as movies go, as good as TCOMC was, the Scarlet Pimpernel was even better. That's a classic.
P.S. For those of you who have MP3 players, The Count of Monte Cristo is in the public domain in the USA, and can be downloaded as an e-book to listen to on your ipod (oh....I mean to say mp3 player ;) I've had good luck with downloading public domain books from Archive.org and Gutenburg.org. Juli, do you have any other good sites to mention?
8 comments:
Okay totally love the bachelor this season as well, and agree with you for who is going to win...probably Mollie. But when does Dianna come back on? The previews in the begining of the season showed her coming back. We shall see. I am going to have to get those downloads for the ipod for Nolan. That's the only way he will "read" books.
LOL Sara you are so fun! I would've never guessed this about you! Now I know! And I admit the only Bachelorette show I ever watched was the one with Trista and Ryan.
Blogs are so fun--thanks for sharing!
Haven't watched the Bachelor, but three cheers for 24! I just finished reading Jane Eyre (because I was obsessed with the wonderful Masterpiece Theatre version) but I agree..the book is always better!!
Thank you so much for your encouragement. It's been a long haul...hopefully it will pay off!
Hey Eskimo,
"They seek him here, they seek him there, those damn frenchies seek him everywhere. Is he in heaven, or is he in..hell...that damned elusive pimpernell." I don't know why but I love the Scarlet Pimp as well. Tell John he's got some man power to gain back if he's a bachelor fan.
Don't worry maxwell, over the years he's become more of a man, so now he doesn't watch Bachelor. You have nothing to worry about, and neither do I because he's not watching those girls skimp around in their bathing suits ;)
I mostly use Gutenberg. You can get some free LDS books at ldspocket.com. You have to sign up but they haven't sent me any junk so it was worth it. They have the constitution and some classics for free there as well.
I forgot to mention literature.org.
Post a Comment