Friend Spotlight: Cheilah
For the last 3 years I've been friends with a great girl named Cheilah. I'm so lucky to have her in my life.....she is just like me, except better.
Cheilah is a great conversationalist, she is confident, and has a level head. Cheilah is a great mom to her sweet daughter, and she is never slow to talk about how thankful she is for the blessing of being a mother. Cheilah is so SMART. She has a head for dollars and cents. She can wrap her mind around financial matters like no one's business. Cheilah is an extremely generous person. Several years ago, the women in our church congregation were called on to help a women in need. Cheilah gave the most....a queen sized bed, linens, baby things, and more that I don't even know about. When Chei was moving, she gave a lot of her things to the women's shelter, to help women in desperate need. I know Chei would give anything she had to someone in need. I can't even count all the times she insisted on paying for my lunch.
I'm a better person for watching and following Cheilah. She has shown me how to be a faithful daughter of God. By her example I have learned how to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ through faith, through thick and thin. Chei never gossips! It is so refreshing talking to her, because our conversations are never tainted with negative feelings towards others.
Chei, I'm blessed to be your friend. I miss you since you've been gone from Idaho!
I hope someone can feel the tiniest bit sunshine by reading about my friend. I hope everyone can collect even one friend like this!
Friday, September 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
SO sweet, I hope she reads it. It makes me happy to hear about her, I only know her a little and love her tons. I'm glad you introduced us. and just so you know, you are that same kind of friend to me. :-)
This post was totally inspiring to me. You are so lucky to have met someone like her who has changed your life for the better. By reading your post makes me want to be that type of friend. I just feel so sad for you that she is gone.
You have also inspired me to "copy" your idea of friend spotlight. I thought friend of the month was funny but spotlight is so much more meaningful. I am already learning so much from you blog. I've got to read on!!!
Post a Comment