Sunday, February 28, 2010

Time Marches On

Today John turned 33. Happy Birthday Hun!

Today Christa is 4 weeks old. This morning, after a busy night of feeding, Christa was laying on the bed next to me, I opened my eyes to see her staring at me. In that second I realized my newborn is "waking up" to the world. She could see me so clearly, she was watching my face, and I could tell she was learning and taking in so much more. All day today her little eyes seem to be taking in so much more, and she has been so much more interactive with me. Love this little Sugar Plum!

The Olympics are over. I've cried every night over them. Usually cause they are so fun and exciting, I'm so happy for the winners. But then nights where I'm sad, for Joannie Rochette, Nodar Kumaritashvili, and other's who lost dreams. It has mostly been great to watch, and Jacob will ask for Skiing, Ice skating (speed skating), or "dancing" (figure skating). When we watched the short track speed skating races (currently my favorite winter sport) he would hoot and holler and cheer. So CUTE!

So, time keeps marching on. We have good days, and some great days. Each day trying to be better than the last, some days failing and other days succeeding. I don't know why we have these 2 beautiful children in our home, but we are SOOOO happy for them to be with us.








p.s. I call John "hun" a lot. Not long ago Jacob went to the door that leads to the garage and stuck his head out to talk to John.....he yelled, "Hun! Hun! John! John!" This kid KILLS me! :)

1 comment:

Momza said...

I enjoyed the Olympics too! Loved cheering on all of the athletes!
Happy bday to "hun"!