Jacob thought it was so funny.

her Daddy, but since he doesn't have "baby's milk" she isn't
as attentive to him as she is to mom :)
one day.
and newborn combo) for a second, just as Jacob decided he
was done holding her. Jacob just set her down on the couch
next to him. Thankfully I was there taking this picture, so I could
rescue Christa.....who didn't seem to notice.
Week One:
Week One:
Well, this week....hmmmm where do I start. First, I"ll keep it real. I've been SORE and TIRED. I won't go into details there, if you've had a baby or your wife has had a baby you know the details. But I will say, I'm not as tired as I was with Jacob (my labor wasn't as long or hard this time around. I'm attributing it to that).
Christa is wonderful. She started to get hungry when she was 2 days old, after we were home. She hardly ate a thing in the hospital....but has turned out to be a great nurser. She discovered her voice on day 3. On day 3 she had her first Dr's appointment. She was down to 6lb 7oz. Jacob was never that small, and it has been fun to have a little tiny baby to cuddle.
She eats every 2-4 hours. She only wanted to sleep with mom for DAYS. Finally after several nights of trying everything (swing, co-sleeper, in bed with me which she loves and I hate), we figured out she will sleep in the pack n play that has a vibrate mode. YAY!
She also only wants to fall asleep if she is nursing, and since she is so cute and newborn, I let her.
But today finally she had some awake time where she wasn't desperate to eat (all week it has been sleep or eat or cry that she's not eating). So I helped her go to sleep not nursing, hopefully as the weeks go by she'll get better at that.
This weekend we had newborn portraits taken, I can't wait to share those!
Christa looks a lot like Jacob did, but she is darker and her nose is a bit more like mine. It will be fun to watch her develop into her own look as time goes on. She has lots of hair....I'm sure it will fall out, but until then it is so pretty.
I could go on and on. This daughter of mine has doting parents, brother, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends. She's a dream!
3 comments:
I love the journaling. Makes me appreciate Jada sleeping by herself from the beginning! I am too light of a sleeper to even try the other options, so I pray my future babies are able to sleep alone, too. I'm so glad she is a girl, this will be too much fun!
Sara, she looks just like you!
Cute!! I love Jacob all snuggled up with her and then looking like he's going to bite her nose :o). Having two is so fun (most of the time).
Post a Comment