Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Big Boy Bed


*Update.....He did it! He didn't get out of bed, and after just a little bit of talking and tapping on the wall, he went to sleep! His head on the pillow and body under the blanket like a big boy! I told him he couldn't get out of bed, and I didn't think he'd understand me or remember. But he never got out, he never tried opening the locked door, he didn't run around the room......What a relief!

Now, I'm pretty sure nap time will be a bit different, but I'm totally fine with that.....now I know he can sleep well at night, I'm happy!






This is the day of reckoning. Oh I've been so nervous for this day.
Tonight we put Jacob to bed in his new room in a Race Car bed.
Here is the scoop:
  • Jacob has never slept in a regular bed since he was 2 or 3 months old (except once when he was very sick). Not because we didn't want him too....cause he just WON'T. He has always, since infancy just wanted to play.
  • We finally, after a lot of hormonal inner battles on my part, decided to get a race car toddler bed (I'm not a fan of toddler beds), hoping it would make the transition from crib to bed a little easier, since he loves cars.
  • We let him help in the set up over the weekend, he has been sleeping in the porta crib in the same room with the bed. He has been very excited about the bed.
  • We got him new car/plane/train bedding to make it "fun."
  • We put a lock on the bedroom door and the closet.....so he can't get out and fall down the stairs or get into stuff around the house in the middle of the night (a big fear of mine).

So....Here are fingers crossed that he goes to sleep before midnight tonight. He was very happy to go to bed in it...I haven't heard him get up....YET.

I can't believe my sweet baby is two and a half and has his own bed. The time flew by.....and before I know it, I'll be getting him a King sized bed as a wedding gift. WAAAAAHHHHH!

No comments: