Thursday, December 10, 2009

Life and the Times

Our life in pictures. Oh, and I had fun using Picnick.....since the pictures were kind of lame anyway!




Jacob and I were sick the week of the Thanksgiving.
This is what happened to the living room!

I had fun making more appliqued shirts for Jacob.
He loves them, it helps get him dressed to bribe him
with a fun shirt. He totally falls for it!


Thanks to Natalie for giving me the idea, we are getting Jacob used
to his Potty Chair by having him sit on it to watch Dora. He loves it.



Jacob wanted to help me cook (yet another PJ day)
but he had to have his cars all lined up ready to help too.



Check out this cute and curious girl. Jada is our great
friend, Bergen's daughter (Jason's too). She loves Jacob and
watches him very attentively everywhere he goes.
She loves playing with his cars....but she also has very
upscale taste in home decor....hence the Architectural Digest.




Jacob, had to climb on the kitchen to adequately prepare
my "food."







Jacob had a blast playing with my half deflated
birthday balloons.


So that is us. Errands, quiet time, sewing, some cleaning, cooking, movies.....it's been a great winter so far....minus the head colds we had. But we are lucky we've not had the flu.


I decided to venture to the mall yesterday, which I try not to do after Thanksgiving and before Christmas....so I was there 3 minutes after it opened....and it was packed. Seriously, I thought I was being sneaky. Oh well, the shopping has been kept to a minimum this year, which has been so stress free and nice. I've even toned down the couponing, just to keep a relaxed feeling here at the house. Plus it helps John stay relaxed so he doesn't worry about me spending all his hard earned cash.


Speaking of John, I'll have to get pictures of him up here soon. He is doing great, working away, and working on getting his new office situation settled, but I think the best part of his day is getting Jacob to bed at night. They have a blast!



3 comments:

sher said...

is Jacob potty training! good times, love your maternity jeans post. i've waited a LOT of money on crappy jeans, look forward to trying it out next go-round :)

Juli said...

Potty training is so fun:( I thought Wyatt would never try it and we finally gave up. Right before his 3rd birthday he did it on his own. I guess he didn't like to be bugged.
PS. Our kids must have the same taste. We have those cars, ride on toy and the kitchen is almost the same. Must be the older model.

Sara said...

That ride on toy was a present from my sister on his first birthday. He has ridden on that thing everyday of his life since then (exept for when we were out of town). He loves it.
The kitchen is great too....not as cute as the one I had wanted originally, but so easy to clean, move, and it's no worse for wear when he needs to climb up on it.
And made in America....What more could I want...besides a cute one ;)