That is what I call a very wonderful email we received from our awesome accountant/friend Roy.
So as long as I'm sharing my blessings (doesn't this time of year just seem to bring that out more than other times?) I wanted to share this.
Early this fall John received news that he would be audited by the IRS for the year he started his business. For the first time in my life, I was thankful that John is a HUGE pack rat and had saved every single receipt and invoice he's ever received. The audit seemed to go well. John and Roy were very organized, John and I were very comfortable that we were very honest on our tax returns.
Finally the auditor came back to us......we were missing proof of $50,000 of equipment or business expenses. WHAT??? I don't know if I've ever seen that much money at one time, so how could it be missing!!??! John called and told me this on his way home from work. He told me to prepare myself because he would spend the ENTIRE night finding those invoices. A blessing to a prayer, John found the missing invoices in 30 minutes. YAY! After several weeks, the auditor came back to us saying there were still close to $10,000 unaccounted for, but she was still auditing and would get back to us.
Two days ago, we received the Golden Ticket. An email saying that the auditor was happy with our audit and that we would not be required to pay any back taxes or late fines. Seriously, TIME TO PARTY.
We are so thankful for our blessings. We don't deserve them fully, but we do know we have done something things to qualify for them, if only partially. Here are the 3 things John and I feel we were so blessed for: 1. Our Marriage and Children 2. Our honesty 3. Paying a full Tithe.
We are so thankful for parents who taught us the importance of all 3 of these things!
I hope as this wonderful season of Rejoicing continues, you too can count your blessings great and small. And also find the blessings in adversity.
Love,
Sara
Friday, December 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey you. You can stalk me anytime. Thanks for the nice comment! I can't believe that was you at the hospital...we were there for Jenna's heart appointment. I didn't recognize you, but I remember thinking your little one was so cute AND that I am glad I am not still pregnant :). Not that you didn't rock it, just because I remember the uncomfortableness. Anyway, we should meet sometime. I will tell you all the cool people to hang out with in River Heights. :0
Post a Comment