Also known as 'O Divine Redeemer' by Charles Gounod. You may also know of him because of his operas 'Faust' and 'Romeo and Juliet.' But he is probably the most most famous for his 'Ave Maria' set to Bach's Prelude from the Well Tempered Clavier.
But today, I wanted to share O Divine Redeemer.
Several years ago, in a stake conference (a regional church meeting) my friend Felicity sang this......honestly, I think it was sung in such a way, with such a wonderful spirit, that I'll never forget it. I think Felicity's voice that day was the most beautiful singing voice I've heard live and in person, even to this day. The words are powerful, the music is moving.
If you would like to download the sheet music, it is available here. Also enjoy the Mormon Tabernacle Choir singing it, this recording is from the General Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints October 4, 2009.
Have a lovely Sunday!
Have a lovely Sunday!

1 comment:
That was beautiful. Thank you for posting it.
Post a Comment