PHOTO DELETED, PER REQUEST. GOTTA DO WHAT YOUR
MOTHER SAYS, OR YOU GET IN BIG TROUBLE. I LEARNED THAT A LONG TIME AGO!
Can you believe this? Think of all the husbands and family members tending children so these women could be here! I know I had wonderful husband and family who helped me!
I was able to attend classes and listen to talks the topics of:
- The Temple. How do focus our families on the Temple
- The spiritual and temporal benefits of keeping house and teaching our children
- Teaching Reverence to Children
- Increasing Faith, Decreasing Fear
- Nourishing & Defending the Family
- Parenting Lessons from the Book of Mormon
- Being Savvy about Financial Matters
One of the common misconceptions of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is that the church disrespects or diminishes the strength and vitality of women.
This couldn't be farther from the truth! Women's conference is one strong argument against this false concept. The entire theme of this years conference was "Strength in the Lord." Here is a quote from Sandra Rogers, Chair of the BYU Women's Conference Committee:
The scriptures repeatedly remind us that when we put our trust and confidence in the Lord’s strength we can be prepared for any challenge, do any hard thing, face any difficulty, and feel at peace in any circumstance. At a time when the world attempts to entice women away from fundamental and eternal truths, we have the reassurance that the Lord’s promises are sure. As David sung in Psalm 27, “The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid.”
No comments:
Post a Comment