Monday, April 20, 2009

Luxuries





Does my son need these toys? N.O. You know who needs these toys.....M.E. Okay, I'm sure some of you are saying, "Sara, do you really NEED these things?" Don't get literal with me. But seriously, of course I don't need this pile of plastic, neither does my son. But this pile of plastic helps me wash dishes, fold laundry, eat lunch, watch Biggest Loser, read a few pages of my book, answer the phone, do payroll, get showered, clip coupons, straighten my hair.....you get the idea. I'm thankful for my luxuries.....but what I'm really thankful for......my son who drags all his toys to me (whether I'm on the couch or in the kitchen) and plays on me or very very close to me. What are toys with out a mother? I guess they are just useless pieces of plastic after all.


*this corner of toys was just weeded through....I had to take out many toys he had stopped playing with, although it didn't stop him from dragging out everyTHING from the toy basket and spreading all over the room. Also, you can't see his growing collection of match box cars and Fisher Price Little People cars, animals, and people, but they are there!

2 comments:

Juli said...

I can't believe how many toys we've collected over the years. I go through them all the time to weed out ones we can donate but somehow we always end up with more. My brothers and I had to use our imagination a lot more than my kids do.

K*L* said...

Amen!!! And the funny thing is, they love the most random, simple toys.