WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED?
Yes. We've planned on having children since before our marriage. The exact timing of this pregnancy is more personal.
WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME?
Yes. 7 years.
WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS?
Happy. We didn't know exactly what to expect though. Who does?
WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU?
No
HOW OLD WERE YOU?
27
HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?
Home Pregnancy Test
WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?
My friend Liza. She told me she was 6 weeks pregnant, I HAD to confide in her that I was 8 weeks along as well
DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX?
Absolutely.
DUE DATE?
September 1, 2007
DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?
I didn't have nausea or vomiting, but I was Death Warmed Over TIRED. It was awful because I worked 2 jobs at the time.
WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?
It depended on the week. Top Ramen. Hot Dogs. Grilled cheese. Short soy hot cho from Starbucks. Hashbrowns from MickyD.
WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST?
Being obsessive. I'm not an obsessive person. I let things slide.....but not while I'm pregnant. I irritated myself the most because I just could forget about things.
WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX?
Male
DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?
No. I've always wanted little boys!
HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY?
30 lbs during the first 40 weeks. After that I stopped looking, I was already anxious about being over-due, I didn't want to have a panic attack over the scale.
DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER?
Yes. I threw myself a big bash. And my friend Allison threw me the Prettiest Book Shower.
DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?
No. But I did check my blood pressure every single day of my pregnancy, because I've seen first hand the frightening effects of preeclampsia.
WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH?
St Luke's
HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR?
17. I pushed for 3.5 of those. I'm a rock star ya'll!
WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH?
John.
WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION?
Vaginally. Yes, I did say it out loud! All births are natural.
DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?
Of course! I'm a nurse, and love epidurals. But I also know the risk and possible complications. After being stuck twice, the third time worked, but I soon found out that the catheter had been missed placed, and I was receiving systemic narcotics. Soon I found the lower half of my body immovable and I was having a hard time breathing. Thankful, I know a thing or two about epidurals.....a little narcan, and the epidural quickly removed and all was well. I ended up getting yet ANOTHER (yes, 4 needle sticks) epidural later on since my labor was long. The last one worked....well enough, I'm willing to have another child someday :)
HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?
7lb 9oz 13cm head circumference. YIKES!
WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN
September 13, 2007. 1:14AM Yes that is right, 2 weeks late. Once again....Rock Star!
WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER?
Jacob Samuel
HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY?
17 months.
8 comments:
What a fun post! Have a great weekend! Happy Valentines Day!
Oh man I feel ya on the whole head circumfrance, and the long hours of pushing. I can't believe you were poked with a needle 4 times! I would've died.
Hey, Sara. I didn't know you pushed so long! Yeah for the long pushers (4 hours for me). Doesn't the thought of doing it again freak you out a little bit (it freaks me out tons!!!).
Honestly, it is a miracle that any of us want more children after delivery....but at the same time it's a no brainer. It was such a wonderful experience, and although hard, it was the best experience of my life. So, of course I want more. What a life of paradox!
You are a rock star!!! I think anyone is who gives birth quite frankly! I can't believe you got stuck (willingly) 4 times ooouch!!!
I was grateful Abbey's head circ. was in the 1% as I didn't choose the drugs because I:
1. Hate catheters
2. Hate being drugged
3. didn't want an episiotomy
But my placenta didn't come out and so I ended up having to go for surgery and had to have the drugs, catheter and an episiotomy anyway.
Oh well. It's all worth it in the end. What a handsome and adventurous little guy you have.
It's fun to read your blog and catch up what you've been doing.
Happy V-day!
Annemarie
3.5 hours of pushing. I think you are a rockstar! Wyatt came out after 13 pushes. I only know that because the nurse was surprised and told me. I was too busy to be counting! Anyway, it was a cute post. Happy 17 month bday Jacob!
Gosh, I did not realize you were two weeks overdue. I would gone crazy.
ah...I am going to have one of those soon! CRAZY!
Post a Comment