Hi! Can You Help My Mommy?
Growing up, my mother raised me in the Latin American tradition of starting the new year with a clean and organized home. This new year holiday was fun, but didn't allow for me to do much cleaning or organizing. But I'm feeling really weighed down by my lack of routine and ever present household mess. I need a jump-start to get back to where I was before Thanksgiving.
Now, my dad has the easy solution...."just cut something out." He's right....but I think something else is in order too. Some "me" time! Not going out with girlfriends or shopping at the mall. My wonderful Honey lets me do that to my hearts content. I mean, "Me" things that help me feel more organized and routineY. Here's what I'm doing:
- Waking up EARLY (5:30ish. means going to be early too)
- Going to the gym every day (maybe this is asking too much!)
- Reading my scriptures ever day before Jacob wakes up
- Making dinner (of some fashion or another)
- Reading my fave blogs everyday (of course BEFORE kiddo wakes up. Please see previous post on WHY I can't use the computer while he is awake).
- Starting a Household binder
I feel good about these things.....I feel if I can get these things done, than I've had a good day, even if the house isn't spotless, or I haven't alphabetized all of John's grade school papers in the garage. These are "ME" things...to help ME be better mama, honey, person.
So....I've got to go to bed.....the alarm is going of insanely early tomorrow. Wish me luck!

8 comments:
Hi! I was so happy to see your comment on my blog!!! How are you? I guess I will read and find out. We are good. Just got back from a long vacation. Your little boy is adorable!
Whew waking up that early is impressive. I am usually feeding Grace at that time, and ready to go back to sleep right after. I admire people who can wake up early though. It does seem that you can get a lot done when the kiddos are still sleeping, that is if you aren't too sleepy yourself. Going to bed early is a must. Good goals, and good luck with them!
good luck with the "me" time. Looks like you've got great ideas so far.
You are awesome! I appreciate you and all you do for me and my family. You are a great sounding board! I hope you know how much I love you.
Love your ideas. Me time is so important! And getting up earlier to live a balanced life is oftentimes the best way to do it! At first it seems painful, but when you see the benefits, it is worth it.
blessings,
melissa
This was really interesting for me to read~I am doing exactly the same thing. I am making myself accountable to my goals and that has helped me find more "Me Time" and that makes me happier. So what's not to love about that, right? Good luck!
Best of luck with calming your storm and finding balance through your goals. Have a wonderful weekend!
Great list of goals- heres wishing that things go well.
Cute little guys-
Post a Comment