
Yikes! I now have a toddler. I can admit it.....barely. Even though I can't seem to cut his hair. Anyway, back to my toddler. He is so great...fun, loving, curious, a great eater. But since our last plane trip in September, he has learned the toddler scream. Yes you mother and fathers out there know what I'm talking about. THE SCREAM. The pre-talking, "I know this scream makes my mother crazy" scream, the "I don't want to be confined in one position" scream. Great....John and I are taking Jacob to California and Washington in December. 4 plane rides. OH NO!!!!!!!!!
I really appreciated today's post at Simple Mom about traveling with kids. I thought some of my friends would enjoy it too. Follow the links, there are some great lists and ideas. Check it out. Than come back and comment with your personal tips. I'll probably need all the help I can get.
4 comments:
Where in CA?
Anaheim. John will be taking a seminar while I just toddle around with Jacob.
I have advice straight from the Wing that you will never find on any website/parenting advice book/girlfriend, etc. Take Starbursts. Lots and lots of Starbursts (or any other candy). Your kid will love the flight and their mouth will be full of sticky goop the whole time so they can't scream. Then when you get off the plane they will either 1-achieve a true sugar high or 2-go into a sugar coma. Not sure which is better...
My friendly dentist says.....this is a great tactic. He likes the increase in business when parents follow this sound advice ;)
Actually, I did try that last time.....you are right it helped a lot. I'll definintely be packing the starburst.
Post a Comment