Monday, November 3, 2008

Mommy Momments






Being a stay at home mother has brought me so much happiness. It has also brought me many moments of insane humor......I hear that is only going to get better.





On Thursday I had the DirectTV installer here for 11 hours. I was SO cooped up in the house, because even though it was a beautiful day, I couldn't even go for a walk in the neighborhood. Friday we didn't go anywhere either, so immediately after Jacob's afternoon nap, I packed him up to go with me to the gym. As we were walking out the door I remembered, he had a little cold. UGH. No go for the gym idea. So, with my new satellite TV, I turned on FIT TV, and luckily they were having a great work out on. So, I worked out, expelling that cooped up energy of 2 days, in my front room, with my baby playing around me. At the end of the work out, I was laying on the floor doing abdominal exercises, trying to minimize the "loose" belly my son gave me, when the next thing I realize, he is climbing over me and sitting on me. If you can just picture a 1 year old sitting on my belly while I try to do some crunches. It was one of the moments you CANNOT imagine before you have children. I LOVED IT!!!


Now many of you know, that I don't use the computer while Jacob is awake. I've had a lot of curious questions about that. I don't think there is anything wrong with it, but in my case, my little buddy is so busy.....well, I'll just let the picture speak for it's self. Saturday afternoon, I decided to check on all my blogging friend (blog stalk), Jacob played at my feet. For all of your curious friends......THIS IS WHY I DON'T USE THE COMPUTER WHILE HE IS AWAKE!!!!!








This morning, Jacob kept going for the stairs. I finally decided, I wasn't going to wait for John to come home to put up my baby gate. I finally had the correct screws, I could do it myself. After an hour of struggling, and destroying a small section of my wall, I put Jacob to bed for a nap. 45 minutes later he was still up there talking to himself, So I decided to go check on him. I'm so glad I did, because my son put his arms around me, kissed me over and over, and gave me the most loving smiles I had ever seen. I finally tore myself away, put him back to bed, and he fell asleep. But that little break at the side of his crib was a moment I was NEVER able to imagine before he was born.


John and I live for these "mommy" moments. It only seems to get better and better, as well as harder and harder. Interesting how one can be so happy yet so incredibly tired from working so hard.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Oh man, you are so patient! That shredded paper mess would have sent me over the edge. He's so cute, and I am glad that he makes up for some craziness by giving you so many loves. We just got home yesterday, and won't be back to boise for about 3 weeks. Maybe we can get together then. Our blog link is http://www.Nolanandashleyharper.blogspot.com