Thursday, February 21, 2008

Tossing & Turning

Posted by PicasaJacob has always been a mover. Since he was in my uterus, 15 weeks along, I have felt him moving, A LOT. Since his birth, Jakie has need to be swaddled while he sleeps to keep his "crazy arms" (as we fondly refer to them) from keeping him awake. Each nap, and at night I would lovingly swaddle him, and rock him; Jacob would know that this meant it was time to sleep. He would be in the exact same position when I came to get him the next morning. No longer.
Starting Sunday he started rolling more and more. Each morning this week, he has been moving more and more in his bed, until this morning....this is what I found. I guess this is what people mean when they say, " you'll know when he doesn't want to be swaddled anymore." It is bitter sweet for me. Good-bye to the swaddle. Hello to my tossing & turning Jacob. Like Father Like Son.

No comments: